Review of Yandex Station
Wait for the official appearance in the Russian Federation of smart speakers from Google, Apple, and especially Amazon, before the second coming. The alternative came from no one expected: it’s not the smartest Chinese who started hustling with the conquest of the sadly empty Russian market, but the domestic engineers of Yandex.
The “station” became their debut physical device, which, in contrast to the bourgeois “home” and “homepods,” costs much less, and even connects to the TV. Why is it needed and what can do – read our review.
Check And Buy From Amazon[asa2 tpl=”Flat_box_horizontal”]B01L7WSUEM[/asa2]
Opportunities “Station”: “Alice”, which is where to grow
The novelty works on its own operating system, the main (and in fact the only) way to interact with it is voice control. The voice assistant “Alice” is responsible for processing requests and delivering the results. Now she is able to perform four functions: find and play music (once), videos and movies (two), be an assistant (three) and somehow entertain the user (four).
Music. The main function of the “Station” is the search and playback of tracks, because this is primarily a column, even if it is smart. It is not surprising that for these purposes the Yandex.Music service with all the functions is integrated into the system (a free annual subscription is included).
Search algorithms do a good job with almost any user commands. “Alice” is able to put favorites or songs that you may like; a track of a certain genre or a mood melody (for example, a romantic one); playlist for exercise or to mourn in the window. It adequately processes all relevant requests and gives the relevant result. And you say: “ Alice, Like ” – adds the track to your favorites.
- Sound: 1x low-frequency woofer (30 W, 85 mm), 2 high-frequency tweeters (10 W, 20 mm), 2-passive radiator (95 mm), total power – up to 50 W, frequency range – from 50 Hz to 20 kHz, signal / noise – 96 dB
- Indication: a multi-color LED ring on the top panel, a red ring indicating disconnected microphones
- Screen: no
- Controls: activation button, microphone mute button, volume control ring, voice control (seven multidirectional microphones on a separate board with a dedicated power loop)
- Wired interfaces: HDMI 1.4 (1080p streaming output), proprietary power connector
- Wireless interfaces: WiFi 802.11 b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Memory card support: no
- Processor: Quad-core, based on ARM Cortex-A53, 1 GHz chip
- RAM: 1 GB (DDR3 SDRAM)
- Built-in memory: 8 GB (eMMC)
- Operating system: proprietary, with a voice assistant “Yandex.Alisa”
- Dimensions: 141 x 231 x 141 mm
- Weight: 2.9 kilograms
Although “Yandex.Station” is able so far a little, the device does not seem to be unfinished. This is a gadget for which it is not a pity to give about ten thousand rubles. Just do not forget that the column – the debut of the company. The flaws are mostly software, and obviously, they will be fixed with each update. It’s nice that our engineers have finally created such a technique, which is not ashamed to put at home.