LG UltraWide Curved Gaming Monitor
The gaming industry occupies a very serious place in the electronics and entertainment market. Some companies create an environment for gamers in the form of powerful computers and consoles, the second master huge budgets and spend a lot of time creating the games themselves, and still, others use their knowledge of technology to create a high-quality tool to play the first and second. Speech about game monitors. Many well-known brands have already created separate game lines of monitors, and one of them is LG. In this review, we understand the features of the monitor LG UltraWide Curved Gaming Monitor (34UC79G-B).
Why are widescreen monitors cool?
Nobody forbids playing on conventional monitors, but their refresh rates and response speeds are not enough for dynamic shooters or fast-paced racing simulators, where the reaction plays one of the most important roles in the gameplay. It is also important that conventional monitors have a standard aspect ratio, and games are already capable of maintaining a high resolution with a ratio of 21: 9. It is gratifying that manufacturers pay attention to this and create widescreen monitors for gamers, where the viewing angle is much wider, which greatly affects the gameplay and completely immerses into the game. Playing on such a monitor in any Battlefield 1 from EA will be much more comfortable.
You Can Also Check on Amazon
LG UltraWide Curved Gaming Monitor Features
LG UltraWide Curved Gaming Monitor is not a new monitor. He was presented at the IFA 2016 in Berlin. But in terms of size and characteristics, everything is at the proper level even for 2018. Firstly, the monitor has a curved form factor that, paired with a ratio of 21: 9 and a diagonal of 34 inches, provides wide viewing limits. Secondly, there is a high refresh rate of the monitor, which is 144 Hz, which maximally reveals the graphics capabilities of modern computer games.
Thirdly, the response time is reduced to 1 millisecond, which creates a very smooth movement of objects in the most dynamic scenes and almost completely eliminates the blurring of the image (motion blur). But in fairness, it should be said that the actual indicator of the response time or delay at the monitor is 5 milliseconds. The reduced response is achieved by temporarily turning off the backlight.
- Screen: IPS matrix with a resolution of 2560 by 1080 pixels, 34 inches, an aspect ratio of 21: 9, an anti-glare screen covering, a maximum brightness of 250 cd / m2, the number of displayed colors is 16.7 million, there is a factory calibration, no flicker (Flicker safe ).
- Sample rate: horizontal scan – 30 ~ 163 kHz, frame scan – 60 ~ 144 Hz.
- Rear connectors: HDMI 2.0, Display Port 1.2, two USB 3.0 connectors, one of which supports fast charging, 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Dimensions: withstand – 830.5 x 449.5 x 279.7 mm, without stand – 830.5 x 370.3 x 75.5 mm, supported by mounting on a VESA wall (100 × 100 mm), weight with stand 8.6 kg, weight without stand – 6.4 kg.
- Power consumption: power consumption in operating condition – 52 W, in standby mode – 1.2 W, in the off state – 0.3 W.
- Package contents: power cable, HDMI, Display Port.
In general, from the point of view of regimes, everything is more than fine. You can choose preset modes that are suitable for most games in different genres, or you can go through all the settings yourself and set up the perfect picture for yourself. By the way, all the settings are controlled by one joystick, which is located on the bottom edge in the center of the monitor