Bluetooth headphones are becoming smaller and more wireless – the so-called TWS (True Wireless Stereo – true wireless stereo), which have not only a cable to connect to the source, but also wires between the right and left radiators, have come into vogue. Fortunately, they have reduced not only the size, but also the price. An example of such miniature headphones in every sense is the InterStep SBH-520.
Specifications of InterStep SBH-520
- Design: intra channel
- Type: Dynamic
- Acoustic design: closed
- Noise Reduction: Passive
- Connection: Bluetooth v4.2
- Wireless Protocols: HFP / HSP / A2DP / AVRCP / TWS
- Control: button on the case
- Frequency range, Hz: 20 – 20000
- Driver diameter: 6mm
- Work time (talk time / listening to music): 3 hours / 4.5 hours
- Standby time: 100 hours
- Charging time (headphones / case), hours: 1/2
- Mass (one headphone / two headphones with a case), g: 4.6 / 28.5
- Cover battery capacity: 460 mAh
- Case dimensions: 69x30x30 mm
Power consumption and autonomy
A practical test of the SBH-520 for “exhaustion” confirmed the claimed autonomy – about 4.5 hours in the music listening mode. Say, not a lot? So it is inevitable with such small dimensions. Although let’s be frank: 4.5 hours is a lot. In addition, few people are able to last so long with tightly plugged ears.
One and a half to two hours is a maximum. So, 4.5 hours will be divided into two or three sessions, between which the headphones are all that is needed and what should be returned to the case, where they will charge. In all fairness, you need to multiply 4.5 hours by four (the docking station’s battery lasts enough for so many full charges), and this is already 18 hours of work without an external power source.
You must be logged in to post a comment.